Thursday 16 August 2012

Actual therapy

I'm not sure what's gotten into me; after months of posting nothing, this is my third post today. And actually related to therapy, if not knitting!

I am a member of BACP but I'm not accredited. Which in lots of ways doesn't matter, as lots of jobs say either 'accredited or working towards accreditation' (and you can be 'working towards accreditation' without actually doing anything really), but it would be nice to be able to put it on my website, and the real push comes because the only route via which I can actually get accreditation is closing at the end of October, so it's now or never. (I've known for months - typically I'm only deciding to do something about it now). 

So, step one was printing off the 46-page application. DONE. Haven't read it yet, but one step at a time.

Step two - searching for my diploma certificate so I can send off a copy. I think I must have lost it when we moved house (over six years ago). It once lived in a clip frame, but I'm pretty sure I decided that was ridiculously pretentious pretty soon after and took it out. But I have no idea where I put it then. It's not in my incredibly complicated filing system, because I thinned that out some months back (and found my CRB check form, and my passport, which were also mislaid). (I know. Bit of a pattern there.)
I do however have a letter from the course organiser, which actually has more information than the certificate - it not only confirms that I passed, and completed the course, but it gives my percentage (68% fact fans). However, unbelievably, it's not fucking dated, which makes it basically useless. And I mean at all, there's not even the year on there.
The course doesn't run anymore either, but there is a number for the coordinator. I've left a message asking for a dated letter confirming that I passed, as then the two together will suffice instead of a certificate. Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment