Wednesday 30 January 2013

Back to basics

Right, as this blog is - if nothing else - for me to document my, ahem, creations, I'd best get back to it really.

 This was for the Wubbly blanket - as this one had a theme of life, nature, etc. I chose a bamboo-style pattern. Can you spot the mistake? Fortunately, the Woolly Hugs team are very forgiving of mistakes, calling them 'character'. Also, I didn't notice until I was 3/4 of the way through and couldn't really face tinking all the way back. Made with donated wool from another MNer.
March 2012.
OFFS, how do I rotate the pictures?? Again for Wubbly's blanket because her son loves the Octonauts. It's a seahorse, clearlyMade with donated wool from another MNer.
March 2012




Just a moss-stitch square here, as a spare. It's the same donated wool as above, although it's come out a completely different colour.
March 2012









Oak leaf - Wubbly blanket, March 2012.

 Tree of Life, Wubbly blanket. Really pleased with this one - even if it did (once again) take a group effort to get it done. 
March 2012

Flower for MrsKwaazi blanket.
March 2012















Owl for MatildaWormwood's blanket - also did one for Greengoose's blanket
June 2012
 Bobble square (which looked a bit, up close, like lots of little boobs, so I called it a booble square)
Spare - June 2012

 Daisy stitch square, for MatildaWormwood blanket. If you look very closely I did lose count, but I think it's very slight.
June 2012
 Icord flower for Expat/Giraffes blankets. I loved doing the icord - so simple! Bit bored by the end of this one though, and trying to get the flower shape was tricky (evidently).
Donated wool, August 2012
 Spare square, June 2012. I think this pattern would be great for appliqueing crochet designs onto, for example. 
 Bear/paw print for Expat/Giraffes blankets.
August 2012
 Daisy stitch for MumOf's blanket. Maybe this is the one where I went wrong...
August 2012
 Tribal sun for MumOf's blanket. I am really happy with the end result of this one - I tried 'proper' intarsia. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't (by which I mean it looked like it's meant to on the back) and when it did I couldn't remember what I'd done to do it right. One of these days I'll look up a YouTube tutorial...
August 2012
 Moss stitch checkerboard pattern for Expat/Giraffe blankets, or a spare. Donated wool.
August 2012
 Basketweave square for 3G blanket. Not sure if this is a contraversial cold purple?? Love this design though - another good staple I feel.
August 2012
 As lots of MNers lit a candle for Expat's DD, this was meant to be a candle-flame design. Up close it shows how shocking my tension is... must go a needle size down if I ever try it again.
August 2012
I saw this on the Vogue blanket and thought 'I did embroidery at school, I can do this'. Evidently, no I can't. Embroidering on wool is much harder than fabric. 
September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment