Saturday 16 February 2013

Remembrance poppies

Like lots of people, every year I buy a poppy. And each and every year, at some point I look down and find that it's fallen off, and perhaps not every year - but most - I jab myself in the finger trying to get the pin into my coat and/or getting the pin out if just the poppy has fallen off.

This happened last year, as usual. And then a FB friend posted a picture of her crocheted poppy, and I thought 'I could do that'.

And I could.

Apparently the leaf is meant to point to 11 o'clock, as shown. 

So, now, every year I can wear this instead as long as I can remember where I put it and simply donate. 

I've attached it to a safety pin, so although the chances of it falling off are reduced, the chances of me jabbing myself in the finger are still pretty high.

Still, one thing at a time.

This year I'll do some more for the rest of the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment