Friday 16 May 2014

Strawberry flower pattern

As this is my first ever, pattern, I didn't realise you couldn't just put all the details in Ravelry and had to link it elsewhere!

So here it is:
















PATTERN
Ch = chain 
S/s = slip stitch 
DC = double crochet (single crochet in US terms)
Round 1: In yellow, either chain 3 and s/s to join, or use a magic loop. 
Round 2: ch1, then 10 dc into the loop. S/s to first dc - 10 dcs. Fasten off yellow.
Round 3: In white, join in any of the dc stitches. Ch3, then 4 tr in the same stitch. S/s into the next stitch. 
Five trebles into the next stitch, s/s into the next one. 
Repeat until you end up with five petals. S/s behind the first ch of the ch3 to join. Fasten off.
Round 4: In green, join behind the flower in a vertical stitch of the yellow dcs from round 2, between two petals. Ch5, then s/s into the second chain from the hook. Dc into the next stitch, then s/s into each of the next two. 
Ch1, s/s into a vertical stitch that’s between the next two petals. 
Repeat around until you have 5 tendrils, roughly between each petal. 
Ch1 and s/s join to the bottom of the first tendril. 
Cast off leaving a long tail, so you can just anchor each tendril to the back of the petals (so the stitches aren’t visible from the front). This will keep them in place and stop them moving about.

I hope you like it - let me know if there are any issues please, and I'll try to edit it.

6 comments:

  1. I love your pattern! I had made up a strawberry pattern myself and needed a little flower to go with and it is perfect! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm really glad that a) you like it and b) my pattern made sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so lovely! What yarn did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's Stylecraft Special DK (SSDK) - because it's widely available and has a great range of colours. Also it's bargainous!

      Delete
  4. Thank you, it was the finishing touch that I needed on my strawberry baby hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the pattern! Perfecto. I'm making a strawberry plant and this blossom is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete