Tuesday 17 January 2023

 RED days 14, 15, 16


Day 14: closest I’ve come to ‘fuck this shit’ - no specific workout/exercise, but I did some housework that did indeed get my heart rate up significantly - climbing onto a stool and the boxed in chest level sections of the bathroom to clean the mould off the ceiling. 

Was it exercise as we know it? Arguably not

Was it moving with intention more than I otherwise would have? Yes

Do I care if it doesn’t count? Nope


Day 15: lake swim. Very different to the last swim (which is one of the things I love about the lake: it’s different every time) as the biting wind made it choppy, to the extent that I got smacked in the face with waves a few times. And it was cooooold getting changed afterwards, to the extent that my toes HURT. Fifth sub-10 degrees swim though, second swim in January (albeit a very mild January so far - I’m not anticipating going this Sunday when the temperature will be 3 degrees, but never say never), and bearing in mind before the heatwave of this summer I never thought I would entertain the idea of going into open water, I’m pretty pleased with that. 

Day 16: total body workout. Another one where halfway through I thought ‘I could happily ditch this altogether’. Kept going though as it was pretty short.  

Also walked 5k later in the day - mixture of an outdoor therapy walk and walking into town. Rewarded myself with a hot chocolate, obviously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment