Wednesday 4 January 2023

RED January 3 and 4

 Yes, yes, a post every two days is going to be terribly boring, even to myself in posterity, but any longer and I won’t keep it up. It’ll be interesting (I use the term loosely) to see how I fare when I’m back at work. There’s definitely something calming/cathartic about the flow of thoughts-words-fingers-screen - something about the process is almost like magic - you think it and it comes out. As an aside, I’m so glad I taught myself to touch type 30-odd years ago. 

Day 3 - total body workout. I love Fitness With PJ’s workouts - she guides you enough (but not too much), she balances muscle groups and you feel like a superhero doing a chest press or a concentration bicep curl (or possibly a bit like you’re in the prison yard - just me?) with 7 or 8kg dumbbells. When I started, I wasn’t sure it was something I would keep on with - like all of us, I’ve tried various hobbies and types of exercise over the years, and not all of them stick - I’ll come back to this thought, bear with. But I’ve kept it up, and every few months I buy heavier dumbbells (woop! Not sure I’ll progress beyond 8kg any time soon though - not least because it’s just really heavy to hold in my hands). I’m a Patreon member and she sends you a monthly workout calendar. I adapt it as necessary, because I occasionally run and I love love love open water swimming at the moment, but it helps as a guide. 

Day 4 - 45 minute total body yoga stretch. Back to the ubiquitous and reliable Yoga With Adriene. I’ve definitely noticed a reduction in my hip flexibility since I don’t do so much yoga, so I need and want to get back to it. But, hours in the day….

No comments:

Post a Comment