Sunday 22 January 2023

RED days 20, 21, 22

 Three days comes around quickly (it seems)

Day 20: leg day. NGL, I half-arsed this one. Skipped some of the ab exercises to JFDI. But I did also walk from the windscreen replacement place to the supermarket and back (with shopping on the way back - 10 mins there, 13 back!). So that’ll do me. 

Day 21: Bosu balance workout again. Definite improvements in balance, either because I knew what was coming or because I’ve actually improved? You decide (I have no idea)

Day 22: Five minute lake swim but before you go ‘Pfft, that’s no time at all!’ - it was MINUS EIGHT DEGREES outside and a mere 3 degrees in the water. Which is cold cold cold. I was probably in the water for another four minutes or so before I started swimming in order to try and acclimatise - not long enough evidently, as my collar bone area got super cold a minute or so after I set off. Then a bit further on I could feel my toes starting to tingle, so I decided it was time to turn around. They say ‘always get out when you feel like you could have done more’ - maybe I could have done to the first buoy and back, but maybe it wouldn’t have been sensible. There’s always next week. Getting changed after was…interesting. Much swearing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment